We understand that the insurance and billing process for health care services can be confusing. We will make every effort to work with you and your insurance plan. The information below provides general information and guidelines regarding insurance plans and our billing procedures. Prior to your first visit, you will be asked to review and sign our detailed, financial policy which contains all of the specifics regarding our billing procedures and payment terms.
Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics participates with most major insurance plans. Below you will find a list of the current insurance companies with which we participate. This list is subject to change so if you do not see your insurance plan listed please contact us at 315-685-7814 to verify if we participate.
- Excellus BC/BS
- Excellus Exchange
- MVA – No Fault
- MVP Exchange
- Today’s Options
- UHC Empire
- United Healthcare
- Workers Compensation
Medicare will pay 80 percent of Medicare-approved amounts (with the exception of certain services which will be paid at 100 percent of the approved amount). Typically, this leaves 20 percent that must be covered by supplemental insurance or paid by you. In addition, an annual deductible must be satisfied each calendar year, and some Medicare plans have additional co-pays or deductibles that must be paid by the patient. Under federal law, we are not allowed to write off these Medicare expenses.
For additional information regarding the Workers Compensation services offered by Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, please click here.
Insurance plans specifically define what services are “covered” (paid for by your insurance carrier) and those that are “not covered” (will not be paid for by your insurance carrier). Dr. Pietropaoli and the health care team at Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics recommend treatment based upon the patients medical needs, not their insurance coverage. It is the patients right to choose which treatment they will receive.
We encourage you to review your coverage prior to a visit with the Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics. If you have any questions, please contact your health plan’s member services department. They are there to serve you and their number is usually listed on your insurance card and on their website.
Once we receive payment from your insurance plan,we will then mail you a statement for the balance owed. The amount shown on your statement is the responsibility of the patient or guardian. Your statement summarize the services provided, the date(s), charges,and the amount your insurance carrier paid. Payment is due within ten days of receipt of your statement.
We accept cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover credit cards. For your convenience, we now offer a secure, online bill pay option.
Billing & Insurance
A: Every month, you’ll receive a statement that lists what your insurance company still owes and what you owe. Statements continue until all payments are made.
A: One or more of the following may apply:
- The service you received was not covered under your plan.
- You did not provide the correct insurance information at the time of service.
- You were not covered by your plan at time of service.
- An authorization was not obtained prior to the services being rendered.
A: “Adjustment” refers to the portion of your bill that our office, your provider and your insurance company have agreed not to charge you.
A: You will need to provide us with complete primary insurance information. As a courtesy to our patients, Victory Sports Medicine submits bills to your insurance company and will do everything possible to advance your claim. However, it may become necessary for you to contact your insurance company or supply additional information to them for claims processing requirements or to expedite payment.
A: Co-payments and deductibles are not covered by your insurance and are your responsibility. We expect all co-payments and deductibles to be paid at the time of service. If you are uncertain as to the amount you will owe please contact one of billing specialists at 315-685-7814 or one of front desk representatives will help you during your appointment.
A: All bills are due upon receipt. For your convenience, you can now pay your bill online with a credit card, click here. If you have questions or need assistance please contact one of our billing specialists at 315-685-7814.
A: Yes, Victory Sports Medicine accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. We also offer you the convenience to pay your bill online, click here.